Archives of the USCSSA
Soil Survey Horizons - New Opportunity for Reduced Price on Society/Association Group Subscriptions (posted 11/26/07)
Georgia passes bill on certification of soil scientists. This bill – SB226 was signed by the Governor (posted 06/13/07).
New Soils Publication - Hemingway's Tribute to Soil, by Henry Mount, retired soil scientist – NRCS/USDA (posted 06/19/06).
Executive summary describing proposed soil scientist licensing in Washington. Information provided by Lisa Palazzi, CPSS, Olympia, WA (posted 11/09/05).
John Havlin, SSSA President, invites membership of the USCSSA, NSCSS and SSSA to attend a Professional Soil Scientists Reception at the SSSA meeting in Salt Lake City on November 6-10, 2005. See letter (doc) for additional information.
Completion of Soil Survey Celebrated at Ag Expo (East Lansing, MI; 07/19/05)
Minutes of Professional Soil Scientists Roundtable (PDF), held at the American Society of Agronomy meeting, Seattle, Washington, November 2, 2004. Co-sponsored by USCSSA, SSSA and Canadian Society of Soil Science.
Web Soil Survey Opens. Aug. 16, 2005. Agriculture Secretary Mike Johanns announced the launch of a USDA Web Soil Survey site that provides public access to the national soils information system. On-line soil information is now available at: http://soils.usda.gov/survey.
Urban Soils (pdf) Interpretation and Classification Training/Symposium (July 14, 2004).
Email of March 28, 2004 (pdf), from Tom Sims and Jim Culver Concerning Second Roundtable at Seattle 2004 Meeting.
Email to all USCSSA (pdf) official contacts and other interested people - March 28, 2004.
Soil Science Society of America (SSSA) Leadership Activities on ARCPACS (PDF), February 9, 2004
2004 Plans for SSSA and USCSSA --- ASA-CSSA-SSSA Meeting in Seattle, Washington, October 31 to November 4, 2004
USCSSA - SSSA Joint Roundtable Meeting; Denver, Colorado; Tuesday, November 4, 2003
- November 6, 2003 (PDF) - Request to present the SSSA Board of Directors a report on the Goals of the United States consortium of Soil science Associations at their meeting on Thursday, November 6, 2003.
- November 4, 2003 (PDF) - Roundtable on meeting the Needs of the Professional Soil Scientist (USCSSA-SSSA) summary notes 12/11/03.
- November 2003 (jpg) - Announcement in daily news during the ASA-CSSA-SSSA annual meeting about the "Roundtable on Meeting the Needs of the Professional Soil Scientist.
- November 2003 (jpg) - CSA News Message from SSSA President Michael Singer on his desire to form stronger links with soil scientists who are outside of academia.
- October- November 2003 (jpg) - Full page information about the "Meeting the Needs of the Professional Soil Scientist" that was sent to all state and national soil societies /associations prior the ASA-CSSA- SSSA annual meetings and included in all ASA-CSSA-SSSA registration packets.
- October 2003 (jpg) - Informational flyer included the SSSA registration packet of material received by each registered participant to the ASA-CSSA-SSSA Annual Meeting.
- October 2003 - CSA News - Announcement in the October 2003 issue of CSA News on "Roundtable on Meeting the Needs of the Professional Soil Scientist."
- August 30, 2003 (PDF) - USCSSA-SSSA roundtable meeting correspondence – Tom Sims, President-Elect SSSA to Roundtable Meeting Committee.
- August 30, 2003 (PDF) - agenda for USCSSA-SSSA joint roundtable meeting.
- August 30, 2003 (PDF) - action plan: “A Roundtable on Meeting the Needs of the Professional Soil Scientists,” Co-Sponsored by the USCSSA and SSA.
- July 2003 (jpg) - SSSA informational flyer.
- July 2003 (PDF) - CSA News – notice of USCSSA-SSSA joint roundtable meeting.
- June 13, 2003 (PDF) - Advance Information – Co-sponsor by USCSSA and SSSA, A Roundtable Meeting the Needs of the Professional Soil Scientists, at 2003 SSSA Annual Meeting, Denver, Colorado.